Environmental management – purely concrete
For many years Sapa has worked actively towards the reduction of the company’s environmental impact by, among other things, becoming certified in accordance with the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
The ISO 14001 Environmental Management System helps us to improve our environmental performance in a structured and methodical way. Through these efforts we have been able to gather a lot of experience:
- Today we have identified all significant environmental aspects that are connected to our activities. Thus, we are able to work actively on improvements by, for example, establishing certain environmental objectives.
- With the help of concrete action plans we are moving from words to action.
- Our environmental management system ensures that we do the right things, in the right order and in an effective way. Not least when changing the production.
- We have built an internal environmental organisation which facilitates the exchange of experience between our production plants.
- The environmental efforts are under constant supervision of our internal auditors. In this way we are al the time able to find new potential for improvements.
As part of our environmental work we have set specific environmental targets. We constantly work with energy and energy efficiency measures, for instance reducing idling consumption at rest, reducing diesel consumption and make our energy consumption more effective.
You will find our ISO 14001 certificate under Standards & certificates