The extrusion process
During the extrusion process, the preheated aluminum hubs are pushed through the die, resulting in a standard profile or a custom profile.
The extrusion process is carried out in the following basic stages:
• Heating the aluminum hub to a temperature that makes it malleable (at approximately 450° C)
• Pushing it through the pressure die
• Cooling, when the profiles harden
• Stretching of the profiles
• Cutting to size
• "Aging'' in ovens at approximately 170° C, depending on the mechanical properties required
The advantages of aluminum extrusion
• An almost unlimited range of shapes
• Fewer components are used, thus reducing costs and speeding the assembly process
• A close cooperation with the customer during the development of the product
• Multiple profiles can be extruded at the same time
• The possibility of extruding thin-walled profiles
• Aluminum has a good weight/durability ratio. By extrusion, more metal can be placed in the exact desired point, where higher resistance is required.