Aluminium only for fin and tube designs
With careful design, aluminium exceeds copper-based systems on most key performance indexes. And it is less expensive. Today, all-aluminium design has established itself as the reference.
Choosing aluminium alloys
When incorporating aluminium in your product, you need to use the correct alloys for the different components. But choosing a combination of alloys that ensures the highest degree of corrosion performance is challenging. Our competence helps you get the best results possible.
An all-aluminium fin and tube system can solve all design challenges, with direct cost benefits compared to the alternative with copper tubing:
- No galvanic corrosion between fin and tube
- No formicary corrosion, as aluminium is inherently immune to it
- Can be used in ammonia systems, copper can not
- Heat exchanger manufacturers save 20-25 percent on material costs
- All-aluminium is always easy to recycle
Tube geometry and alloy combinations
You need to select the right alloy combinations, tube geometry and internal enhancements in order to tailor the performance and properties according to various environments and applications. Sapa can do this work for you.