Always meeting your requirements
As the industry leader, we recognize the importance of compliance and quality in delivering high-value products to customers.
Quality certification standards
All of our manufacturing sites maintain certification standards set by our Sapa Quality System. Some have specific standards that are required for individual customer groups. These include:
- ISO 9001 and 14001
- ISO TS-16949 automotive standard specification
- Quality assurance mechanical certifications
- ABS quality certification
- Full-service quality assurance laboratory
Alstom, ContiTech, Hyundai, Panasonic and Stihl are among the customers who have presented us with awards for outstanding quality.
Simulating material behavior
Sapa uses and benchmarks available advanced material models for finite element (FE) crash simulations. These models mathematically explain the material behavior of an aluminum alloy more accurately than other models.
Our quality labs perform tests such as:
- Tensile testing
- Etch testing
- Drift/expansion testing
- Quasi-static crash testing
- Grain structure/microstructure investigation
- Three-point bending tests
Sapa is the first aluminum extruder to receive Ford Motor Company’s Q1 Award, its highest honor for excellence in quality, service and on-time delivery.